Kaci McCleary, Cory Christensen and Tae Kim are excited to experience Iowa State Fair food, which is arguably responsible for a large percentage of Iowa’s dead people. Enjoy your nacho balls and other crunchy spheres, bacon and brisket explosions, and fried food-that-used-to-be-good-for-you-until-they-fried-it on a stick. We also talk about The Atlantic’s article about what babies undergrads are about touchy subjects, which just annoys Kaci, who thinks this is a media-manufactured trend.
Also, researchers grow entire monkey arms in the lab . And Google Life Sciences is working on a bandage-sized disposable device that will replace the familiar but reviled finger stick that diabetics use to monitor blood glucose.
- The Coddling of the American Mind
- Mass. General team develops transplantable bioengineered forelimb in an animal model
- Google to collaborate on ‘next-generation’ glucose monitoring devices
- What are some things doctors wished they did during their medical school years?
- 15 new foods at this year’s state fair
- Wine-Fried Kalettes
Your Hosts This Week:[huge_it_gallery id=”44″]
Listen to more great shows for medical students on The Vocalis Podcast Network.