Dave and his co-hosts want you achieve the happiness and health that you deserve and should have, no matter who you are. If you have suggestions for this incomplete list of resources, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. We link to these resources as a service, but cannot vouch for them. Let us know if you find problems.
Thanks to Scooter (Sleep With Me Podcast) for assembling many of the items in this list. Listen to Sleep With Me if you have trouble sleeping–Dave does!
- Crisis Text Line: https://www.crisistextline.org/
- National Alliance on Mental Illness: https://www.nami.org/
Find an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting:
- National: https://alcoholicsanonymous.com/find-a-meeting/
- Iowa: https://alcoholicsanonymous.com/aa-meetings/iowa/
Alcohol Support Options
- Alcohol Rehab Guide: https://www.alcoholrehabguide.org/support/
- Alcohol Detox: https://www.alcoholhelp.com/treatment/alcohol-detox/
Support our Asian American and Pacific Islander community members.
- Stop AAPI Hate: https://stopaapihate.org/
- NAPAWF: http:////www.napawf.org/take-action
Black Lives Matter. Support the our Black community members
- Black Lives Matter – Ways You Can Help: https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/
- The Bail Project: https://bailproject.org/
- Community Healing Network: https://communityhealingnet.org/
- Black Mental Wellness: https://www.blackmentalwellness.com/
- BEAM – Black Emotional and Mental Health Collective: https://www.beam.community/
- Each Mind Matters: https://www.eachmindmatters.org/mental-health/diverse-communities/african-american/
- The Loveland Foundation: https://thelovelandfoundation.org/
- Black Women’s Health Imperative: https://bwhi.org/
- Equal Justice Initiative: https://eji.org/
- The Nap Ministry: https://thenapministry.wordpress.com/
- Margins: https://marginsw4bw.weebly.com/
- More anti-racism resources: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BRlF2_zhNe86SGgHa6-VlBO-QgirITwCTugSfKie5Fs (by Sarah Sophie Flicker, Alyssa Klein)
- Live Another Day: Extensive information on mental health and substance use resources for People of Color. Their mission is equal access to life-saving resources.
- The Summit Wellness Group: Written and curated by women of color, this guide features over 60 resources for BIPOC folks.
Stop Anti-LGBTQ Hate.
- GLAAD LGBTQ Resource List: https://www.glaad.org/resourcelist
- The TrevorLifeline: national crisis and suicide prevention hotline for LGBTQ youth. https://211lifeline.org/detail.php?id=7335209
- Trans Lifeline: https://translifeline.org/
- GLBT National Help Center: https://www.glbthotline.org/
- World Professional Association of Transgender Health–Find A Provider: https://www.wpath.org/provider/search
- Stand With Trans: https://standwithtrans.org/
See the Signs. Save a Life.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (USA; English and Spanish), 1-800-273-8255 | https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
- Crisis Text Line (USA), text HOME to 741741
- Native Youth Crisis Hotline (Native Americans in the USA), 1-877-209-1266