Consciousness remains a final frontier of neuroscience and psychiatry…and even immunology
- M2s Trent Gilbert, Olivia Jenks, PA1 Faith Anton, and M4 Sarah Costello discuss what it might mean that doctors recently discovered a group of patients, previously diagnosed with schizophrenia, who might actually have other treatable immunological disorders that present as psych disorders.
- We also discuss a new world record kidney stone, medical refugees legislation and healthcare discrimination right here in the US, and an eating disorders chatbot that dispenses terrible advice to people with eating disorders.
- And, Dave subjects his co-hosts to a pop news pop quiz.
- A catatonic woman awakened after 20 years. Her story may change psychiatry.
- Surgeons Remove World’s Largest Kidney Stone From Retired Soldier
- Medical Exiles: Families Flee States Amid Crackdown on Transgender Care
- New research underscores benefits of gender-affirming hormones, rebutting anti-trans claims
- What Does a Chatbot Know About Eating Disorders? Users of a Help Line Are About to Find Out
- Best Unintentional ASMR Scientist 👽 VERY soft spoken British man + interesting space facts = SLEEP
We Want to Hear From You: YOUR VOICE MATTERS!
No matter where you fall on any spectrum, we want your thoughts on our show. Do you agree or disagree with something we said today? Did you hear something really helpful? Are we delivering a podcast you want to keep listening to? We’ll be sure your ideas are heard by all–leave a message at 347-SHORTCT (347-746-7828) and we’ll put your message in a future episode (use *67 to be an “Unknown caller”). We want to know more about you: Take the Listener Survey We do more things on…Continue reading Brains Learning About Brains