Okay, now that I got my pot joke out of the way, we can focus on the episode, the topic of which this week is medical and recreational cannabis. Nathan Miller, Kaci McCleary, Corbin Weaver, and Eric Wilson explore the attention marijuana is getting lately from the medical and legislative/legal communities. On the medical front, what are the uses of pot? Do we actually know anything useful about the uses of pot? What are the ramifications of the legalization of recreational marijuana? Have med schools caught up with these new views on pot? Are there other countries that have successfully legalized MJ without collapsing into anarchy or suffering from the effects of potheads’ endlessly innovative bong-making drives?
Also, a study details the level of abuse ADHD drugs among college students, and powdered alcohol: a new way to get stupid, or just a better way to package it?
- ‘This Is Working’: Portugal, 12 Years after Decriminalizing Drugs
- Bob Vander Plaats Speaks in Support of Medical Cannabis
- Is Pot Getting More Potent?
- The Public Health Consequences of Marijuana Legalization (pdf link)
- One in six college students misuse ADHD Stimulant Drugs
Your Hosts This Week:
Listen to more great shows for medical students on The Vocalis Podcast Network.