In this episode, we meet new Carver College of Medicine Learning Communities Coordinator Megan McDowell, who I shanghaied into being on the show after she’d been on the job only 4 days and 3 hours. Then Terrance Wong shares a painful moment from his past growing up in Oakland, California, amidst gangs and gang violence, and what he’s trying to do for a pre-medicine student who’s searching for his own exit strategy. What can healthcare professionals do in the face of such upheaval?
Listen to Episode 040: Finding a Way Out of Gang Violence.
Listen to more great shows for medical students on The Vocalis Podcast Network.
- The Other Wes Moore, by Wes Moore
- McNair Scholars Program
- Upward Bound
- Summer Research Opportunities Program
- Hospital Gives Free Tattoo Removals to Gang Members
- Fighting Gangs the Healthy Way
- Health Care Professionals Response to Gang Violence
The opinions expressed in this feed and podcast are not those of the University of Iowa or the Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine.