Doctors enjoy, for better or worse, and elevated social status. How can they use that high regard, as well as their knowledge, to change the world when they’re not in the clinic?
In this episode, Alison Pletch, Zeynep Demir, Eric Wilson, and Alison Seline brainstorm some avenues from politics to journalism that docs explore when they have the itch to change the world.
Listen to Episode 038: Changing the World Outside the Clinic.
- Working Mom Arrested for Letting Her 9-Year-Old Play Alone at Park and This Widow’s 4 Kids Were Taken After She Left Them Home Alone
- Israel-Gaza conflict: Doctor Mads Gilbert evokes conditions in a Gaza hospital
- A Day in the Life of a Successful Nurse Writer
- Four Ways Katie Couric Stacked The Deck Against Gardasil
- Agriculture and Health Policies Intro
- Physicians of the 113th Congress
- UIHC spinout seeks to reduce blindness
Listen to more great shows for medical students on The Vocalis Podcast Network.
The opinions expressed in this feed and podcast are not those of the University of Iowa or the Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine.